Slawed & Tartered Battered White Bass Sandwich
Light flaky, tender and moist White Bass wrapped in a beer batter and fried until crispy and golden brown; served in a baguette with coleslaw and tartar sauce.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package PurePac White Bass
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- oil for frying
- 1 baguette, cut into 4 sandwich sized pieces and sliced in half
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 1/2 cup tartar sauce
- Mix the beer, flour, baking powder, salt and egg into a batter in a bowl.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the fish in the flour and shake off any excess.
- Dip the fish into the batter and lightly shake off the excess.
- Fry the fish in preheated 375F/190C oil until cooked, golden brown and crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Assemble sandwiches and enjoy.