- PurePac Lake Trout
- Butter or coconut oil;
- 1 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley;
- 1 bunch fresh dill;
- Zest of one lemon;
- 2 lemons, one sliced and the other halved;
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your broiler.
- Slash the sides of your fishes about 8 times each side with a knife so the butter or oil can make its way in.
- Rub the trouts with butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the cavity with the chopped parsley, dill and lemon slices.
- Put the fish on a baking rack on a pan for the drippings.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest on top of the fish and add generous knobs of butter on the fish to form a wonderful golden crust.
- You can place the lemon halves on the baking tray too.
- Grill at about 6 inches from the heat source for about 6 minutes on each side.
- Squeeze the roasted lemons on the fish before serving and you’ve got yourself a wonderful dinner.
Put the fish in a snug-fitting dish so the cooking juices can stay on the fish while cooking. Interesting flavors can be built by putting vegetables under the fish and inside the cavity while cooking. Think lemon slices, fennel, garlic, onion, parsley, dill, carrots, thyme, and rosemary. The possibilities are endless!