Crispy Cornmeal White Perch
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp smoked paprika , or chili powder
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 package PurePac White Perch
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- Blend cornmeal, paprika, garlic and onion powder in a food processor until fine. Whisk egg in another bowl.
- Sprinkle salt over perch. Dip in egg to coat both sides, then coat with cornmeal mixture, shaking off any excess. Place on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Cook fish in batches until golden, 1 to 2 min per side.
Serve with seasonal vegetables or create crunchy fish sandwiches, spread mayo mixed with chopped pickles or gherkins on a bun and fill with cornmeal-crusted yellow perch.