- Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic butter
- 1 lbs cremini mushroom
- Splash of white wine
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. Fettuccine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 oz. Parmesan, finely grated (about 1/2 cup), plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Start by scoring the skin on your filets diagonally and season both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Put filets on the pan flesh side down and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- While the fish is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, add mushrooms and garlic butter.
- Let cook, stirring frequently until butter has melted and mushrooms are coated.
- Add a splash of white wine and salt.
- Allow wine to reduce for 2 minutes and then add heavy cream and pepper.
- Let the sauce thicken, stirring frequently.
- Add parmesan and let the sauce continue to thicken.
- Thin the sauce with a little bit of pasta water and then add your fettuccine to the sauce.
- Stir gently to coat pasta.
- Plate in a bowl with the cooked rainbow trout on top.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, parsley, lemon zest and juice and freshly ground pepper.
Keywords: Trout, Rainbow Trout, Whitefish